One of Grey Green’s areas of expertise is measurement of temperatures, calculation of heat loss and heat transfer analysis to quantify the potential for energy savings.
We have applied these skills in a variety of factories, including:
- Furnaces in the foundry industry
- Clay brick kilns
- Rotary kilns in the lime industry
- Flat presses used for cooking of wraps
- Heat exchangers for drying of sawn timber
- Barrels on extrusion machines for plastics.
Grey Green can apply the same expertise to the design of new equipment, and for process optimisation. We are familiar with all modes of heat transfer:
- Forced and natural (free) convection